Description: We are a modern Male Voice Choir based in Swansea who love to sing popular music as well as the more traditional Male Voice Choir repertoire. As well as singing the kinds of song you would expect such as Gwahoddiad, Men of Harlech and Myfanwy, you can also hear us performing pieces such as Queen's 'Don't Stop Me Now', Bonnie Tyler's 'Total Eclipse of the Heart' and Robbie Williams' 'Angels'.
Services Offered: The Phoenix Choir can be booked to perform at Weddings, Birthday and Anniversary celebrations and any other occasion that requires an exciting male voice sound! If you would like to join this amazing choir, why not pop along to one of rehearsals (every Wednesday between 7:00pm and 9:15pm) and find your voice!
Organisation / Service Address: We rehearse every Wednesday at the Penlan Methodist Church, Heol Gwyrosydd, Swansea SA5 7AJ
Is public access available at this address: Public Access is permitted
- Contact Name: Reg Pinder
- Position In Organisation: Recruitment Officer
Contact E-mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
If Parking Is Available Please Describe Your Parking Facilities? The Penlan Methodist Church has an enclosed car park
Please Describe Any Disabled Access That Is Available: Access with assistance
- Status of organisation: Voluntary/Charity
Opening / Meeting Times: Wednesdays between 7:00pm and 9:15pm except August and Bank Holiday weeks.
- What languages do you use within your organisation? English/Welsh
Membership Costs / Charges: £90 per annum
The aim is to help people who are dyslexic: adults, children and their families, to learn how to overcome their problems and make the most of their potential; to collect and provide information about dyslexia; to encourage better understanding in schools and by teachers; to call for better educational facilities.
Services Offered: We aim to keep up to date with local schools and educational services and provide support for teachers and parents, and for all those involved in higher education. We support adults with dyslexia and liaise with employers. We give advice and understanding and assessments for both children and adults. We hold meetings with speakers on different aspects of dyslexia and other learning difficulties where you can chat informally and share experiences. We have a Newsletter to keep you up to date with our work. Members receive Contact, the magazine of the British Dyslexia Association. A Help line is available between 6pm and 9pm on weekdays. HELP LINE :- 07702 665799.
Address: Private address
Public Access At This Address: No
- Contact Name: Claire Sykes
- Position In Organisation: Chair
171 Gower Road,
- Contact Mobile: General helpline: 07702 665799 (weekday evenings)
Contact E-mail: email@example.com
If Parking Is Available Please Describe Your Parking Facilities? Not applicable
- Status Of Organisation: Voluntary/Charity
Opening Times: Irregular
- What languages Do You Use Within Your Organisation? English
Affiliations/Qualifications:The Association is affiliated to the British Dyslexia Association and run entirely by volunteers and funded by subscriptions and donations.
- Charity Number: 1003503 (Click http://www.charity-commission.gov.uk to access the Charity Commission Site)
Cost of Membership/Charges: Family membership £15 per annum. Associate membership £20 per annum. Members receive a newsletter to keep you up to date with our work and Contact magazine of the British Dyslexia Society.
Publications Produced: Contact magazine of the British Dyslexia Society
We provide tapes of local news and recordings of local history books for the visually impaired.
Description of Organisation: Cds and tapes for visually impaired
Services Offered: Books and tapes for visually impaired
- Contact Name: Mrs Jean Kirkwood
- Position In Organisation: Honorary Secretary
Contact Address: 20 The Ridge
City and County of Swansea
- Contact Telephone: 01792 202679
Contact E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Status Of Organisation: Voluntary/Charity
Aiming to increase oportunities for people with a disability to participate in Sports and Physical Activity
Description of Organisation: Various sports clubs and activities throughout swansea and the surrounding area. Both pan disability clubs and mainstream clubs covering most sports.
- Contact Name: Mr Nicola Rogers
- Position In Organisation: Disability Sports Development Officer
- Contact Telephone: 01792 635460
Contact E-mail: Nicola.Rogers@swansea.gov.uk
Please Describe Any Disabled Access That Is Available:
Accessible to wheelchair users without assistance
An umbrella group made up of representatives from local disability groups and voluntary sector organisations working for people with a physical disability. Campaigns on issues which matter to physically disabled people in Swansea, share information and take part in local authority planning and consultation.
Description of Organisation: Meets bi-monthly, usually on the first Monday of every month 2 - 4pm - venues can vary, but all are accessible and we try and arrange good parking as well. Please call beforehand with any access requirements.
Website: Disability Development Officer
- Contact Name: Ms Elinor Evans
7 Walter Road,
- Contact Telephone: 01792 544018
- Contact Fax: 01792 544037
Contact E-mail: email@example.com
Opening Times: First Monday of every month 2 - 4pm
Publications Produced: Minutes and information bulletins. Have a page in SCVS newletter Iechyd Da.
Info-Nation is Swansea’s information, advice support service for young people, aged 11-25. We provide our services through our city centre one-stop shop and in schools and other youth organisations.
- Services Offered: Youth information, advice & support: Counselling, Internet access, Legal rights advice, Carers advice, Volunteering Opportunities, Substance Misuse information & support, Support for visually impaired young people, Gum Clinic including pregnancy testing, emgergency contraception and a nurse led advice, Condom registration scheme, Support & play opportunities for young parents, Support for those witnessing or experiencing domestic / dating abuse, Support for those questioning their sexuality and living with Aids / HIV.
Public Access At This Address:
- Contact Name: Toni O'Hara
- Contact Telephone: 01792 484010
- Contact Mobile: 07930 328607
- Contact Fax: 07930 328603
- Contact E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
If Parking Is Available Please Describe Your Parking Facilities?
No dedicated parking. City Centre multistorey pay and displaywithin one minute walk.
Please Describe Any Disabled Access That Is Available: (Access With/Without Assistance Or No Access)
Access with assistance
- Status Of Organisation: Statutory
- Opening Times: Tuesday - Friday 12pm - 5.30pm & Saturdays 12pm - 5pm.
- What languages Do You Use Within Your Organisation? Bilingual (Welsh/English)
Member of Youth Access.
Cost of Membership/Charges:
e.g. newsletters, directories, leaflets etc.