There are 53 U3As in Wales and 0ver 900 across the UK with a total of over 320,000 members.
At Swansea we have weekly talks, over 70 Learning Groups, Social events, some outings, St. David’s day and Christmas lunches.
We use many venues, depending on which of our sub groups is meeting. For full details of all of our activities, please see our website at http://u3aswansea.org.uk
For people no longer in full time work. Focus is on Later Life Learning for enjoyment. Weekly lectures plus 40 sub groups. 700 members in Swansea. 250,000 members in UK.
Description of Organisation:
Weekly lectures, Learning Groups, Socials, some outings.
- Services Offered: Learning groups, socials, some outings.
Address: Various venues, depending on which of our 40 sub groups is meeting
- Website: http://u3aswansea.org.uk/
- Contact Name: Mr Anthony Hughes
- Position In Organisation: Chairman
- Contact Telephone: 01792 363875 (General) 01792 405920 (membership)
- Contact E-mail: Chair@u3aswansea.org.uk
If Parking Is Available Please Describe Your Parking Facilities? Various, depending on which of our 40 sub groups is meeting.
Please Describe Any Disabled Access That Is Available: (Access With/Without Assistance Or No Access)Good at University (Weekly lectures). Otherwise various, depending on which of our 40 sub groups is meeting
- Status Of Organisation: Charity
- Opening Times: Various, depending on which of our 40 sub groups is meeting.
- What languages Do You Use Within Your Organisation? English
Affiliations/Qualifications:No qualifications asked for, none awarded.
- Charity Number: 1039347
£14 pa, plus up to £1 - £3 per Group meeting. (Weekly meetings are free)
Please Add Any Other Details Membership secretary:
Mrs Pat Herbert